- Internet: Video creation and editing, Screenflow, WordPress, VBulletin CMS, Internal SEO Website prep, SEO Article-Marketing / Writing, Social Networks, Dreamweaver, CSS, HTML, PHP,
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft Access, Dbase, RBase System 5000, Javelin, Excel Visual Basic & Macro Programming
- Apps: Windows / Mac OS, Complete Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, Google Webmaster Tools, Cloud Technology
Self-Employed – 1996-Present
Marketing and Community Relations
- Trained clients in sixty-three (63) countries in the dance and entertainment industries.
- Master Instructor Trainer
- Motivational Speaker
- Outreach ideas have helped lower-income families, problem teens, and the “Green” effort by producing events and course with heavy media involvement.
- The Arthritis Foundation sent Edie to Amman, Jordan, where she performed a Tango for the Prince of Jordan, and hosted a gala event in support of the cause.
- Co-created, coordinated, planned, and marketed twelve (12) conventions and events worldwide that brought in anywhere from 100 up to 4,000 people per event.
- Conducts online international business webinars in marketing, strategic planning, and sales follow-through.
- Produced sixty-four (64) instructional DVDs that are online and selling in more than 80 countries.
- Presented Technical Briefings to USAF Top-Level Staff in the Aerospace and Commercial Industries. Held a “Secret Clearance” for the United States Department of Defense
- Host and MC at over 25 Dance and Entertainment Congresses throughout the World
- Television, Radio, and Webinar Interviews and Talk Show Host
- Public Speaker, Trainer, and M.C. to Thousands Worldwide in the Dance and Fitness Industry.
- Topics include
- Systems Cost Analysis
- Business Marketing Strategy
- Event Planning
- Sales and Positioning
- Instructor Training
- Travel / Entrepreneurship
- Entertainment / Psychology
- Physical Fitness / Dance
- Excel Tips, Tricks and Traps (Que Publishers)
- Vibe and Latina Magazines
- Express (Germany)
- Savoir (France)
- International Dance (London)
- Self-Employed 1996-Present – Community Relations / Business Consultant – 15 Years Full Time
- The Automation Group 1994-1996- Systems Analyst – 2 Years Full Time
- Science Applications International Corporation 1986-1994 – Cost Analyst – 8 Years Full-Time
- Enron Oil 1982-1986 – Crude Oil Sales Coordinator – 4 Years Full-Time
National University, Los Angeles, CA
BA Finance and Commercial Bank Management
Graduated with Honors, Magna cum Laude
Graduate Marketing and IT courses
Douglas County High School – Colorado
- Lifetime Achievement Award – London, England, 2006, 2007, Washington DC: 2009
- World Champion Dance Competitor, 1996 – 1998 and Champion Bodybuilder, 1984
- SAIC Aerospace Performance-Based Merits: 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995
- The Automation Group Aerospace Performance-Based Merit: 1996, 1997, 1998
- Leadership Scholarship – National University, 1990
- Leader, Microsoft Excel Special Interest Group (Los Angeles Macintosh Group), 1988-1990
- Membership/Publications Director for the Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis
- Chairman of the House, Oil and Gas Industry’s Desk and Derrick Club
- Created a “mission patch” for Space Shuttle Columbia representing NASA, JPL, and SAIC using freehand graphic artwork done on a Macintosh. This design represented the LDEF (Long Duration Exposure Facility) Satellite that was launched in 1984 and retrieved in outer space in 1990. Edie’s colorful patch flew on the Space shuttle Columbia in January, 1990.
- Coordinated, developed, and implemented a cost and data tracking system using a relational database for a major crude oil trading and transportation company. The system proved to be so useful that the corporate office in Houston incorporated it as a part of their data management operation for the entire corporation.
- Designed and programmed an automated Financial Tracking System (FTS) for a security company using MS Excel. The FTS cut their timecard and billing process time down from 4 days to just over an hour.
- USA: Taught Instructor Training at Harvard, UCLA, Stanford, and Berkley Universities
International: Taught Instructor Training at Oxford and Cambridge Universities in England