Covering Events Worldwide
Edith Williams, aka “Edie, The Salsa FREAK”
Global Public Relations
Click: World Event Calendar
Post and Look For Dance Events!
This Calendar is a FREE Service for the dance community! Please inform your local promoters about this FREE EVENT LISTING SERVICE!!
Good Luck with your Event!See you in the Forums!
– Edie, The Salsa FREAK!!
Do you have an Interview you’d like to share?
We would love to post it! You may create it as an article right here by clicking on the upper right portion of this screen under “Create > Article”.
Once you save it, our moderators will let you know when it is up! You are welcome to include videos and podcasts as well.
See you in the Forum!
– Edie, The Salsa FREAK!!
How to prevent falling asleep on the road or freeway at 2:30-3:00am after dancing.
This is EVERYTHING I’ve done at that hour. I usually had about an hour drive home, so I would…
- I rub my hands very rapidly together, like I’m freezing.
- I also chew gum.
- drink water.
- stop at an all-night convenience store to buy coffee (at 2:30am.
- pull over and take a 15 minute nap.
- bang your head against the window.
- call a Salsa friend and talk each other home (they are the ONLY people that will understand/relate).
- Go have a bite to eat someplace.
Don’t drink too much alcohol (or preferably non at all) while dancing.
Hard-core serious dancers can’t stand dancing with someone intoxicated.
- This screws up your lead.
- This screws up your follow.
- This messes up your balance,
- … messes up your spinning.
- … destroys your career,
- … destroys your relationships,
- … makes everyone you come in contact with … utterly miserable.
“Edie, one thing I did want to ask you is how do you dance on a crowded floor? I know you mentioned to keep your feet on the ground, but I honestly don’t like being crowded. You really can’t do the moves without hitting somebody!”
That’s why I said “Salsa is a CONTACT SPORT”. In all my life, I have NEVER received so many bruises from accidental hits in ANY SPORT. I can’t even remember getting this banged up rough-housing and wrestling with my little brother when we were kids! What’s worse, is when your dance partner gets mad and ends up banging and crashing into people just to piss them off. Sometimes you just can’t dance to that song. Sometimes you’ll just have to kick back and enjoy the music! Dance solo to the rythm, clap your hands, shake your shoulders, close your (more…)
What dancers should carry in their car AT ALL TIMES:
- an extra emergency dancing dress (you never know when you’ll be going out at the last minute from shopping or after a dinner out…)
- extra underwear and hose
- make up
- a few small bills of cash under the seat
- extra dance shoes
- a fan (can be bought at any novelty oriental store. Price ranges from ~$1.50 to $20)
Granada Nightclub – Alhambra, CADance and SMILE with EVERYBODY
– not just one person.This will make you a better dancer.
- People won’t think you’re untouchable.
- People will open up to you more.
- Your partner may be getting tired of you.
- Dancing with lots of people gets you more smiles
- … gets you more friends.
- … assures you’ll have a GREAT night EVERY night!
The ABSOLUTE BEST “Salon-Quality “Hair Care Line for Dancers! All Natural, “Paraben and Sodium Chloride-Free”
“Dance!” Hair Care!
- Waltz Waterless Shampoo (for dancers on-the-go!)
- Tango Detangler (pre-blow-dry)
- Samba Shampoo & Cha Cha Conditioner (AWESOME Hair-Repair Formula Combination)
- Salsa Super Shine “after-dry” Spray (Edie’s Favorite)