How to prevent falling asleep on the road or freeway at 2:30-3:00am after dancing.
This is EVERYTHING I’ve done at that hour. I usually had about an hour drive home, so I would…
- I rub my hands very rapidly together, like I’m freezing.
- I also chew gum.
- drink water.
- stop at an all-night convenience store to buy coffee (at 2:30am.
- pull over and take a 15 minute nap.
- bang your head against the window.
- call a Salsa friend and talk each other home (they are the ONLY people that will understand/relate).
- Go have a bite to eat someplace.
- Leave the club at a decent hour (I know, I know, totally unrealistic… “When Pigs FLY Edie… get real.”)
- roll down all the windows, and play SALSA music REAL SUPER LOUD!!! AAAAAaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
STAY AWAKE!!! WE NEED YOU ON THAT DANCE FLOOR TOMORROW!!!
– Edie, The Salsa FREAK!!
Edie The Salsa FREAK!! Website