The other night we went out and I messed up my knee doing a high-speed spin on a sticky dance floor. This is not the first time I’ve experienced floors like this. Nightclub owners don’t see the need to listen to their paying “dance partner” clientele. After I heal, do you have any recommendations for us? What to do?
– Totally Pissed and In Pain
Dear Totally Pissed and In Pain,
Wow… that is just horrible. I can understand your pain.
I advise dancers to do one of the following, just in case:
- Carry Talcum Powder or Baby Powder to the clubs. Pour a small pile in a hidden corner of the dance floor, and usually that works wonders.
- Do not brush the bottoms of your dance shoes with a shoe brush – this will make it worse. A brush is great for slippery floors – NOT sticky ones.
- Bring an extra pair of slippery-bottom dance shoes.
- Ask the owner if he can do something about it. Sometimes they will listen, if you are nice about it.
I do hope you heal quickly! We need you on that dance floor!!!
Take care of that knee.
– Edie, The Salsa FREAK!!
Edie The Salsa FREAK!! Website