How to prevent falling asleep on the road or freeway at 2:30-3:00am after dancing.
This is EVERYTHING I’ve done at that hour. I usually had about an hour drive home, so I would…
- I rub my hands very rapidly together, like I’m freezing.
- I also chew gum.
- drink water.
- stop at an all-night convenience store to buy coffee (at 2:30am.
- pull over and take a 15 minute nap.
- bang your head against the window.
- call a Salsa friend and talk each other home (they are the ONLY people that will understand/relate).
- Go have a bite to eat someplace.
Don’t drink too much alcohol (or preferably non at all) while dancing.
Hard-core serious dancers can’t stand dancing with someone intoxicated.
- This screws up your lead.
- This screws up your follow.
- This messes up your balance,
- … messes up your spinning.
- … destroys your career,
- … destroys your relationships,
- … makes everyone you come in contact with … utterly miserable.
Granada Nightclub – Alhambra, CADance and SMILE with EVERYBODY
– not just one person.This will make you a better dancer.
- People won’t think you’re untouchable.
- People will open up to you more.
- Your partner may be getting tired of you.
- Dancing with lots of people gets you more smiles
- … gets you more friends.
- … assures you’ll have a GREAT night EVERY night!
If you’re wearing a dress, and during dancing, you realize it’s “rubbing” your nipples raw…
If you realize this during dancing, and don’t want to go home due to your Salsa-fix needs, go to the management’s office at the club, and ask for some tape – any tape. Tape ’em up baby! But, if you know this PRIOR to going out, see about sewing a bra into the inside of the dress. Make sure bra is the same color as the dress. If that doesn’t work, and you refuse to wear a bra, wear bandaids over your nipples prior to going out. This prevents the soreness the next day!
Ladies, do you own a pair of hot pants that don’t not look too hot on you because they are not tight enough to hold you together?
I have a great solution for you. (more…)