HUGE MONEY SAVER:
Spray paint (not brush-paint) or air-brush your dance shoes if they get too scuffed up!
I have one pair that’s been SEVEN DIFFERENT COLORS.
You can match ANY outfit with your shoes now!
- I “spray paint” brush ups almost weekly
- Don’t bother with trying clean up the scuff marks (if you absolute must, rubbing alcohol with a pinch of salt does the trick).
- IMPORTANT: You must buy the spray paint at shoe repair shops, or “Vinyl Spray Paint” they sell at (more…)
You know, you’re having a great time dancing with a guy, and suddenly all you see is his FACE in YOURS, about 2 centimeters away??? (If you’ve been out enough, we’ve ALL run into this at one point or another….) Then, if he talks to you, you can literally feel his SPIT splatter all over your face!! YUCK!!
At first, you think to yourself, “Well, it was just a slip, maybe he lost balance.. whatever…no big deal” BUT. He does it again, and again, and AGAIN, and it’s almost as if he wants to kiss you every other turn!!! If you’re NOT at all attracted to this guy (more…)
I read your response to “Just Trying to Help” concerning his jealous partner. The same thing happened to me except I was the jealous one.
My EX-fiance is a dance instructor and has been dancing for many years. I on the other hand am new to the dance scene. I really love it and am addicted to Salsa. However, I am not very good…yet.When we started going out we would go to the clubs together and dance all night and (more…)
If you don’t have a partner, are alone, and need to practice your moves…
“Create” a Partner:
- Practice with who ever is around. Sister, mother, teacher, friend, big rag doll, big dog, cat…
- Use a swinging door to practice hand and body placement.
- Use the door knob as one of the girl’s hands, and practice your cross-body leads.
- Swing the door to the left as you would move a woman’s body.
- Use a wall to practice your arm and body tension against the woman.